• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got another hunter interested in Flintlocks...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
I'm a very lucky guy.

Made my Christmas visits to the landowners who have been so generous to let me hunt their land since 1993...delivered some Honey Baked Christmas Hams and some Barnes & Nobles gift certificates, etc...had some good visits / chats.

One of them asked ME if I was satisfied with enough deer where they let me hunt.
Another one said I shouldn't have gotten them anything because the land had been clear-cut and messed me up for this year.

They always comment about me hunting with a Flintlock, and one of the landowner's told me his grown son has gotten hold of a Flintlock and is trying to get up to speed with it...asked me if I could give him some pointers, help him get some blackpowder, etc.
All of them volunteered I should keep right on hunting their land.

18 years now...they're just small woodlots but they're surrounded by large tracks of other woods...private places to hunt as if it was my own land...good deer from these grounds, plus turkeys, squirrels, doves, crows.

Some very generous people..I'm really a very lucky guy, and I know it.

:thumbsup: Roundball,good things happen to good people.Happy holidays.Griz

A lot of times the small draws of timber are the best places to hunt. That's all I hunt. The draws are about 175-200 yards wide and run the length of the property. I've always thought this concentrates the deer.

That sort of relationship with a landowner doesn't come without the hunter doing his part, and since one of us out there represents all of us out there, :hatsoff: good job roundball.

Spot

Roundball if more hunters treated landowners the way you do access to land wouldn't be the issue it is today.

Couldn't have said it better myself Capt. Fred! It is so difficult to find someone willing to share their land or just plain dislike HUNTERS oh no.
Dusty

Sounds like you've found a honey-hole...
And now you have the opportunity to "pay it forward...."
Sweet. Go for it! :thumbsup:

Back