• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got me a 6pointer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

62flint

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Got me a 6pointer today with my trusty old .45 flinter. Got newer bigger and better rifles in the cabinet, Just keep going back to ol faithful.Had this ol rifle for about 15 years or so now. Its like a member of the family.
16-17 inch spread nice mature deer. .445 round ball .015 patching with beeswax/tallow lube,80 grains of 3f. Maybe some picture tomorrow if I can get some one to snapem with a digital camera.
Came right up a bottom to me. Shot him down hill about 60 yards. I hit a little far back.The ball went just about thru him stopping in the hide on the other side. He went a little ways. Knock on wood I havn't missed one or lost one with this rifle yet. Hope I didn't just jinx myself.

Congratulations!
It's always good to dance with the the one who brung you, especially when she dances that well.

I'd match consistency against a jinx any day.

Looking forward to the pics.

Keep smokin'

bramble

Good Job 62,Sounds like a plan that came together. Looking forward to seeing the pics! Good Luck & Good Shootin'

Nice work 62,
Feels good doesn't it?
Can't wait to see the photos.
Snow is coming down pretty good here in Vt. and there is still 7 days left in our muzzle season.
Finally, a chance to do some good old fashion tracking.
Once again, Good job,
Mighty Oak

Back