• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got my first percussion Kill.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alaskasmoker

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well after logging on some serious miles today I finally was able to get a bead on a rabbit. This was also the first time I ever fired this gun too.
I might of over did it with the charge 70 grains of powder and shot, but I guess it did the trick. Distance was about 25 yards through some really thick scrub. I could just barely make out the outline.
000_0056.jpg

Congratulations! You'll never view a modern arm the same way again... :hatsoff:

:v When you said "Percussion" I was afraid you had used a drum. :haha:
Lucky you, as you have rabbits that are fit/safe to eat. Good way to spend the day, fresh air, no crowd, and something good to eat. What a way to play! :v

yes its a hare, we just callem rabbits up here. Sometimes I try to call them hares but change my mind about it cause then I sound like I'm new to Alaska.

Weird isnt it? Newbie Alaskans call them Hares, old-timers call them rabbits. And dont let them baby cheeks fool ya, Ive been up here for 30 years.:rotf:

Forgot about the rifle details! its a 12 guage pedersoli

Good ain't it. Well done. That hare looks like our Scotish mountain hare or blue hare as we call them. I always think they are better eating than the bigger brown hare :hatsoff:

Rabbit / hare who cares he is still good eaten.
I hope to get up your way sometime. GREAT PLACE.
Keep sending Pictures. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Nicely done. Nice weapon also. Your spoiled now for sure. Your modern rifles are going to rust in the closet.

Great Job you are now hooked for life. There is nothing better than hunting with a smoke pole.

Back