• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got my new 45 barrel for my GPR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I ordered a spare barrel to put on my Lyman GPR IN 45 cal. The 54 is great but I wanted to try something different. I was considering buying a Gemmer Flint but I was worried about the investarms quality. My Lyman was bought in 2017 and the barrel was recalled. The one they replaced it with is very roughly finished on the outside. You can see machine marks everywhere but it shoots great . The barrel i just got is finished perfectly and suggests to me that Investarms quality seems to be improving. The new barrel actually fits the rifle stock better that the original. I didn't have to bend the loops that the wedge keys go through on the new barrel to get it tight.

All of this is encouraging to me cause the Plains Rifle they make is one of the few production rifles produced that looks close to originals that i can afford. I may get the flint yet.

I ordered this barrel from Muzzl-loaders.com. They are very good to work with and I would buy from them again.

Last edited:
Back