• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got my North Dakota buck tag!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texcl

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Well 2 of them actually 1 for gun (which can be used during ml season with a ml, and one bow tag which is over the counter. I don't even use modern rifles anymore for gun season, my shots are usually pretty close. The one exception is when I'm shootin does for a quick meal. I shot a pretty big buck last year, unlike most areas in the country you are almost gauranteed a shot at an 8 point plus buck. I've noticed that our average 6 point is bigger than most 10 points anywhere else, it might be hell in the winter but its a sportsman's paradise the rest of the year.

Good luck filling them tags. Sounds like you have a great spot to hunt! :thumbsup:

Good luck I had an Uncle that lived in the Dakota's but he didn't hunt. I can't under stand why.

the only place I've seen more big bucks is in nw MN where I bear hunt. When I have my game cam out for the bears I'll get a 4 to 1 ratio of bucks to bear, I guess the area is so remote it just produces big bucks, I'm too cheap to buy an out of state tag when I can shoot them here.

Back