• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GPR Love Affair

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonie

Moderator Emeritus In Remembrance
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I've come to one conclusion.
You people with GPRs must really love them!

And why do I say this you ask?
Well, once again I went to another Phoenix Gun Show and in the thousands of guns that were there, not one GPR!
There were CVAs and Thompson Centers and Made in Italys and Made in Spains and a few In-lines I didn't look at so I don't know who made them but NO GPRs.

This makes over 8 shows I've been to with no GPRs and these shows are not small. For instance todays show occupied a 200 yard X 50 yard (90,000 square feet!) building and it was just a middle size Phoenix Gun Show.

Oh well, it's a nice way to spend half a day being with a bunch of gun nuts.

You went to a gun show and didn't bring us back anything?
shocked.gif

I think I understand it a lot more now that I have mine. I like it a little more every time I shoot it, and that's saying something considering how much I liked it to start with. Guns fit each of us a little differently, but somehow this one seems just right for my lanky frame, yet my short and stocky shooting partner likes it a bunch too (Buy your own, I told him.) It seems to shoot about as good standing up as it does from a bench, and any gun that can make me look that good must be some kind of a gun.

quote:Originally posted by musketman:
You went to a gun show and didn't bring us back anything?
shocked.gif
Saw one Bess there but the price were a tad high. Fact is, the prices war a tad high on most of 'um that war thar.

A whole lot o Winchesters that someone stole off o some farm were thar. Ah thin they must'a been used fer fenceposts from the look o their condition an' Ah suppose the high prices war due to the time it took ta fill in the holes whar the barbed wire were nailed.
Meby next time Ah'l see somethin good. Em places are whar Ah got ma Parker Hall 2 band an 3 band at.
Ye never know, Ah says.

Yes there is love here. I first shot at 50 yards, it was OK. Then shot these three at 100 yards. GPR flint with 70 grains of FFG Goex. This is good for my tired eyes.

Latest posts

Back