• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Granddaughter's Thanksgiving Hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patocazador

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I drew a permit for muzzleloading at a place near my son's house so I took my granddaughter as a guest. I had spotted a racked buck the day before so I set up a blind downwind of his route.

We saw nothing on Thanksgiving morning but on Friday the buck showed up on the trail to the north and walked ~ 60 yards towards us. It was still 110 yards away when it angled off into the dense brush and he never showed again. About an hour later a lone hen turkey came down the same trail and fed right up to our tent blind. She hung around for 10+ minutes while feeding in the sage grass. At one point she was 8 yards from the blind.
It's too bad hen turkeys aren't legal in the Fall except for bow hunters.

Here's a few pics:

Good for you :bow: , taking the young one out. Is she interested in shooting or just enjoys going out with you ?. Greg.

She likes the attention more than anything but she got a small spike last year with a muzzleloader when she was 9 and was elated.
(She likes to shoot a bow better than a gun.)

Back