• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Great site for those who hunt in snow

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbore442001

50 Cal.
Reaction score
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/research/snow/snow.html

I was sort of thinking of the people who will be hunting the flintlock season in the Keystone state and wondered if they had any sort of snow for tracking. I had known about this site for some time but I figure others would appreciate it to see how much snow there is in their favorite location.

I see that some places in Pennsylvania have up to 29 inches of snow. Break out the snowshoes if you are there.

Thanks.
I was hunting the Northern Tier last week and the snow was knee deep on some of the ridges.

No problem. I wasn't sure how well this post would go. I was thinking about it yesterday while hunting the last day of the Massachusetts shotgun season. We had a snowstorm Friday night, so the woods were perfect for tracking. The downside is that it will be slim pickings for muzzleloading season. If I didn't hear 50 shots in the first four hours of the day I didn't hear one.

In a small way, I wished it would have snowed this Monday instead. It is opening day for muzzleloader but the weather gurus expect it to be a wintry mix. It will be a challenge to keep a muzzleloader functioning in that.

I'm planning on hunting here in Ct all next week but it looks like there is going to be an ice storm on Monday. :shake:
Might have to bag it tomorow if that's the case.

I have two swamp treestands as I call them. I have a feeling that they will be in there when the weather gets really nasty. I plan to sit and try to stay dry after meeting with the dentist.

I'll have to let everyone know what happens.

bigbore442001 said:
I have two swamp treestands as I call them. I have a feeling that they will be in there when the weather gets really nasty. I plan to sit and try to stay dry after meeting with the dentist.

I'll have to let everyone know what happens.

Keep us tuned.I really wish I lived in a place that had a Late Flintlock only season.I'd take my flintlock Lobstering but with the Thousand Gallons on Salt water that flies over us every day that too would be a challange! :wink:
Good luck and keep us informed.

Back