• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

green mountain drop in barrels

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I see Green Mountain has a drop in .54 smoothie in their lineup for the T.C. guns. It can be had in flint in the 15/16" size. Does anybody have any feedback on these?

Thanks in advance. Squint

Windwalker, give me the lowdown after you get the barrel sorted out. Load data, accuracy etc. You know; all the good stuff. Also, did you order it direct or thru a dealer? I checked with Green Mt. and I could have gotten it from them direct for about $25.00 more than thru TOTW. With Track I'd have to wait a few weeks at least for delivery. Depends what I want more, HUM? spare change or a new barrel right now? Yep, nothing like instant gratification!!!
Thanks, squint

I know not about the 54 but there was a guy on this forum named Cayugad who bought a .62 smoothbore he reported decent accuracy to about 40 yards if I remember correctly.

Mr. Squint,
We contacted Green Mtn. (email) but they did not bother to respond. TOTW did, so we ordered from them. Will keep you posted.
Best Wishes

windwalker,
that is very unlike GM. i would suggest if you have a problem with them that you call them at(603)447-1095.
you will be talking to keri and she will take care of your ??? or put you in touch with the person that can :imo:
snake-eyes :m2c: :peace: :) :thumbsup:

It is interesting that I canot buy a barrel from Green Mountain due to federal laws (they say), yet can buy the same GM barrel from Track, no problems as wel as barrels from track that cost twice as much as GM barrels without any Federal Law problems. Just an interesting situation- not meant for any other reason. Perhaps just a heads-up for other Canadian BP shooters.
: As well, purchasing a barrel or other goods from a distributor SHOULD be cheaper than buying it from the manufacturer. The maker cannot undersell their distributors unless the distributor is overcharging for them. If they undersold the distributors, they'd have none & lose the sales they get from having a distribution network. The more people you have selling your product around the country, the wider the distribution due to wider knowledge base OF your product's existance. This is why they're cheaper from Track.
: It is possible that a 20 bore fowler barrel could be fitted to a GPR. The forewood could be shortened to the wedding bands, reduced to a single barrel wedge, and extension added to the oriinal rib- etc, etc. just a thought.

Back