• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Green Mountain swamped barrels?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryToth

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Halloo the camp!

I just got some info from Pecatonica about their Transitional rifles. One of the options that Dick Greensides offered was a Green Mountain swamped barrel.
The GM swamped sells at $160. The Getz and the Colerain swamped barrels sell at $225. He claims they are all 38" lengths...

Does anyone have experience or knowledge about the GM swamped barrels? Honestly, I didn't even know that GM made swamped barrels! I do have a GM straight barrel and the quality is there...

Anyone...

Regards,

Jerry

a swamped barrel tapers from breech to a point about 2/3 down the barrel, then slowly flares back to slightly less than breech measurement (think less exagerated pilgim gun). Swamped barrels were standard on guns made before the early 1800' (all of the early and golden age guns). Swamped barrels have a grace and balance that straight barrels can not match.
If you go to most of the suppliers' sites they give the deminsions of most of the swamp profiles.

Swamped barrels from L.C. Rice

barrelspecs.gif

Well they only started making them( marketing ) last year,,

so the history book is still in the making on those gm swampers,,,,,

given GM's past though,, I don't see why they would be a bad deal. They do have a good rep for good shoters,,,

Latest posts

Back