• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings and Salutations

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

School Belle

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm a school teacher (third grade) who got into the shooting sports after our state legislature passed the Oklahoma Self Defense Act. I started out in bullseye pistol (went to Camp Perry four times)but later branched out into SASS (I'm way too slow, but the clothes are sure fun.) and small bore rifle silhouette (won my class in the 2004 nationals at Raton). A couple of years ago I received a .50 Pedersoli Frontier Rifle and tried my hand at muzzleloading rifle silhouette (I still remember knocking down a ram at 200 yards. Wow! What a thrill!)But before I could really get into it, my gun club conscripted me to coach their junior air pistol team, which meant I had to learn how to shoot an air pistol in competition so I could coach the children. (We went to nationals in Bowling Green, Kentucky and brought back one individual gold and two individual bronzes and four team bronzes). Well, now my sister has decided she wants to get into hunting, and I have decided this is a good excuse to get back into to muzzleloading. I am looking forward to learning yet more and more about the two subjects I find fascinating--history and shooting.

Ebenezer!!!
Michelle

Welcome and Greetings from a fellow teacher (Emeritus).

Keep the kids involved. They are the future of shooting. Black Powder is a great way to get their attention. You can't beat it for a history lesson. :thumbsup:

A Texas howdy School Belle,
What part of Okla. are you from,Iam from Vernon near Altus Okla.Hope you enjoy the MLF. :thumbsup:

Welcome Michelle! :hatsoff:
It's good to hear there are actually still some teachers who shoot. :thumbsup: Teach them kids right.

Welcome to the forum ma'am. We are surely glad to have you and we all appreciate what you're doing for those kids. :hatsoff:

Brian

School Belle,
Welcome to the MLF,Michelle!
A third grade teacher that is not anti-gun..how
refreshing that is to here.I wish there were
1000's of you,but:nono: there is not.You certainly are a Belle among bells.
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Welcome aboard School Belle, Great to have you with us . Keep up the good work with those kids ! Good Luck & Good Shootin'

Back