• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from a West Virginia Flatlander.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slicjack

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have been watching your forum for a couple of months now.
Most of the members look like real straight shooters with only a couple of "BS-ers". It is an overall pretty good gang and I will do my best to be one of the "GOOD" guys. My wife and I live in Charles Town, WV. We both shoot a little competition, WV-MD-PA. I also like to hunt with both Flint and Perc. but my sweety is just a paper shooter. In competition we both shoot 40-cals, when I hunt I go a little heavier. I have taken Deer, Turkeys, Groundhogs, Foxs, and squirrels with my Flintlock but really do a lot more hunting than shooting. I bought the first Thompson Hawken I ever saw, about 30-couple years ago, but now I go for longer, prettier, and of course more expensive types.

Thanks for a great forum,

slicjack

Congratulations on finding a flat-spot in WV. My father-in-law was born in Fairmont, near Morgantown, and my wife attended Potomic State and WVU.

Good to have you here.

("BS-ers" ? Buffalo Skinners? Ball-Shooters? ...OH!)

Welcome Slicjack. Im just down the road from you (Winchester). Grew up over in Hampshire County. You have discovered a great site here. I bet you will be heading up to Ft. Loudoun, Pa. for the Market Fair and Rifle Frolic April 22-25. :)

Howdy Flatlander and Fellow Mountaineer! I too started about 30 some years ago with a TC Hawkin cap gun.

If you look in the picture section you'll see that my present guns are a little more expensive also!

I also like to hunt more than punch paper.
I live in Putnam Co. near Hurricane.

I bet you got some good groundhog huntin' up there don't ya?

Chuck ::

slicjack, Would like to welcome you from Oregon. I enjoy shooting, mosty targets. I do want to go hunting for elk. I really like my T/C 54cal Hawkens. I've added other rifles, 50cal's. Welcome to the Camp !!!! Mtn-Man2u :)

slicjack, welcome from Missouri! I've been fortunate enough to have visited your part of the country and found it beautiful. I have recently made a good friend here in Missouri who is from W. Va. but I don't know where....he owns a sizeable piece of real estate somewhere, a couple thousand acres I understand. Iused to shoot a lot of matches but nowadays it's all hunting. I too believe this to be a great site....welcome again.

Vic

Back