• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from eastern PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rumblefish97

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Received my first flintlock as a Birthday present from my wife. Plan is to do a little hunting with my 2 brothers which I haven't done for 25 years. Normally I'm a fishing guy but I must say the flintlock was love at first shot. I'm hooked.

:hatsoff: Howdy,and welcome to the forum.Once ya smell the smoke yer hooked.Great birthday gift.She done ya in :rotf: .Where ya from in eastern Pa?Griz

I am located just outside Pottsville Pa in Schuylkill County. The home of Yuengling Beer. This forum may actually have too much knowledge. Can't wait to soak up as much as I can.

Welcome.... originally from Mt. Pocono and recently moved out west from Lansdale. Going to miss the primitive season. Trying to get used to the Northern CA...makes you realize what you had back east!

So is PA just teaming with flintlocks in pawn shops? I'm thinking about going "hunting" up there next winter and hitting the pawn and gun shops looking for flinters.

A good idea you think?

*I usually go to PA for a ski instructor training weekend, just part of the job.

Greg

hey! just joined, Im from Pa too. York county. got a 50 cal renegade this year n will be huntin with it for the first time sat. really didnt need another hobby but 150$ for the gun n everything was just too good of a deal. so now I got something else to try to fill the freezer. hunt with the longbow and have a 20' boat set up to bowfish at night in the summer. go to the bay for rays, maryland for gar n snakeheads , and shoot tons of carp n cats on the susquehanna. since I got this gun have been doing tons of online research to learn whatever I can to make this go a little smoother. hope to get some good info on this site. thanx

Welcome. You are located only about 45 minutes from Dixons Muzzleloading in Kempton, PA. If you need anything related to black powder, Dixon's is as close to heaven on earth that you will ever find. Run by Chuck Dixon and son Greg, they are a wealth of knowledge and anxious to share same. As a bonus, its located about 15 mi. from Cabela's.

Dixon's....I remember it well. Would take a drive from Mt. Pocono and stock up on BP stuff. Bought 4 rifles from Dixon's. Miss it :wink:

Back