• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from Germany

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flintstone

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello,

first of all excuse me, my english is a bit rusty and i hope my postings won´t sound too funny for you.
I found this Forum while searching the Web for a
community of people who schoot with muzzleloading
weapons.
I was born 1973 in Buchholz near Hamburg Germany,
i work as a Car Technician in a Mercedes Benz Workshop.
I´m already a member of a german Forum but it seems those people there can´t answer me some questions, especially about american Muzzleloaders like those of Thompson Center Arms.

About 1 jear ago i joined a local group of muzzleloader schooters since then im out on the range almost every weekend.

Gerold

:) Welcome Flintstone; You found the right forum to ask questions on. There are lots of T/C owners on here and they are a friendly bunch.
Soggy

Hi Gerold,
You have found the right spot! A lot of nice people with a lot of experience. Just keep on asking and contribute as often as you can. Bet you soon will get questions about those Kuchenreuter and Jaeger-rifles. :v Didnt the american "banana-shaped" rifle originally evolve from old Germany? :hmm:
ARILAR :grin: :thumbsup:

Howdy Gerold and a welcome to the forum from Texas! There is alot to share here, so grab what ya need, and contribute when you can!:hatsoff:

Davy

Flintstone,
Welcome to the MLF glad to have you
with us. As far as your English goes, don't
fret, if we can read Zonie, we will have no problem with your English... :rotf: :rotf:
(Zonie is a moderator here that tends to write
different than most. I'm sure you will come
accross some of his wisdom here.)
Hope you will visit often and contribute
when you can.
Again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Welcome to the group. I lived on a US Army base near, pardon my phonetic spelling, "perlocker forrst". That was back in 1961-1963 and I was a small boy at the time.

I have no idea where that was at in Germany. I can remember we were in Building 307-B4 and the day that John F. Kennedy was assasinated. The German national that was married to a deceased US soldier who cleaned the building and had an appartment above us, she came down to my mom's apartment in a state of panic on the day the JFK was killed. I didn't quite understand that at the time but I learned later of the significance to the German people at that time.

Germany is a very beautiful country, northern Michigan is a lot like what I remember when I was in your country.

Clutch

snake-eyes said:
Flintstone,
Welcome to the MLF glad to have you
with us. As far as your English goes, don't
fret, if we can read Zonie, we will have no problem with your English...

Btw, Gerold, we don't always talk standard english here so be carefull of what words you pick up. Unless you want to be a German Redneck :grin:

Your English is very good. My German is resigned to counting to 12 and saying thank you.

Clutch

Flintlock:
Welcome from Daniel Boone's former back yard. Don't worry about your English, it is a damn site better than my German - if you can converse in more than one language you are a better man than I. Lots of good information here, check in often!

- J.R. - Clark Co., Kentucky

Thank you all for the warm welcome,

im trying hard to understand all the meaning of your words :hmm:
Still wondering what a Redneck is... :winking:

Redneck - this link will get you started on your education:[url] http://www.larrythecableguy.com[/url]/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hallo :)
Es gibt ein Paar Deutsche here, also Du bist nicht der erste. Ich habe einen guten Freund (ein Deutsche auch), der aus Deinem Land stammt. Wir arbeiten zusammen. Also herzlich wilkommen.
:hatsoff:

Welcome Flintstone. Glad to see a vorderladen waffen enthusiast from Germany here.

Back