• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from Illinois

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Donnel

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Gentlemen:
Let me pass a few words around your fire!
I am a full time farmer and part time gunstocker.
Have built two custom flintlocks and sold one via "Track of the Wolf. Hardly a money making proposition as didn't really make enough to pay my labor bill thanks to their mark-up. I primarly do checkering, refinishing, repairs, and the like. I do love to hunt with both modern and black powder. I don't spend a lot of time on line, however, I will make your camp a regular visit when in the territory. I am also a retiree from the USNR---SEABEE---CM1

Soybean harvest starts next week, so I will be spred very thin.

Keep your campfire low and watch your backtrail.

Welcome Pad-N-Checker:
After the harvest moon comes the hunters moon...

So get those beans in and load up the smokepole...

Welcome to the forum. It's good to see someone else from the "Land of Lincoln". Have a good harvest. You must be in the northern part of the state. None of the beans are turning, yet, around here.

Hi,

Hat's off to a real family farmer and a fellow gun stocker. BTW, Wallace Gusler once told us that the running joke among gunsmiths is "I stopped building guns when I ran out of money." I don't like starving to death so I work as a simple servant.

I have the honour to be, Sir, your humble and obedient servant.

Gary

Back