• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

had to clean my gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave n

36 Cal.
Reaction score

I have no idea if these photos are going to come up . I'm a handicap when it comes to this stuff . :surrender: If not I'll try again .
Went back up into the adks (schroon lake) on Wednesday . Hunted one area for a couple hrs then moved on to a different area . Things looked promising , lot of sign , pawings ,feeding etc . My buddy and I split up . I found a nice spot and took a seat . I was only there for 15-20 min and I had two skippers and a nice doe come out at about 40 yds . The doe looked behind a couple times so I waited as long as I could without loosing my opportunity on the doe . So I sent a cloud of smoke her way . Waited a few min and stood up to reload that's when the 4th deer I didn't see blew and flagged (NUTS) . It turned out I didn't hit her well . High and back . Had to track her for at least a half mile . Tracking her is another story , very demanding .
She finally bled out . Two and a half miles from my truck but a couple hounded yds from a pond with a road to it . No brainer . Hiked out to the truck . Drove into town , bumd a canoe from someone we knew . Drove and paddled in and retrieved her :thumbsup:
what a great day !
Boy I hope these photos pop up . Here I go - send .

If you have the image at Photobucket...put your cursor on the photo...a 'drop-down' will appear with 4 lines of code in it.

"Copy" the bottom line of code that starts and ends with

Then simply paste that line of code into a post.

My thanks to Jethro and Roundball for pointing me in the right direction . Not exactly how I wanted it (wanted pictures posted) but at least there's a link for viewing . I've got some figuring to do so I can post pictures and not a link . Thanks again !

She's a nice sized doe. :thumbsup: Any bigger you'da needed a jon-boat.
Now lets hear the trackin' story.

Back