• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Hammertime!" Spring turkey pic in progress

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyFlintlock

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I was gonna go bowhunt this afternoon, but the truck was iced-over....so I worked on "Hammertime!" instead.

I bet I have gobbled 20 times today doing this pic, LOL!!! You have to get into it!

I hope you "Feel" the entire pic...I just love a hunt next to the big creek for sure! Good luck if you will be trying to "SMOKE" one this spring!

wessv2012-4.jpg

I should have it finished in a week or two.

:hatsoff:
Wess

Another outstanding piece of work Wess...thanks for your willingness to share it with us so freely.
:hatsoff:

Thanks for the kind words guys!!!

It is getting closer! 2nd gobbler is complete and added more trees..and put a mink across the creek (not done yet w/him).

I should finish it THIS WEEKEND and then to get prints made!!!

wessv2012-5-1.jpg

Hope you like it, I can't wait for April!!!
Wess

Very nice work!!
Hearing that is as stirring as a bull elk bugling at close range. I've only had two gobblers do that one time, a long time ago, and I've never forgotten the chills down my spine.

I heard it said once that your talent is a gift from God and what you do with that talent is your gift back. I thank God for the talents he gives us and for his wonderful creation and all the HAMMERING GOBBLERS that live there!

I present to you: "Hammertime!"

WessV_Hammertime.jpg

I hope you enjoy the entire scene, I am dang near blind from all the branches and what-not!

It is off to the printers tomorrow to get prints! Part of the proceeds will go to help an old widow in Michigan, who's husband taught me to fish the northern waters and trap.

Good luck and good hunting!
Wess

Back