• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hawken barrel fit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buggybuilder

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I recently purchased an extra barrel for my TC Hawken. When I put this barrel in the stock, it seems that it takes alot of downward pressure to get it far enough to put the pin in. I know that some resistance is normal but this is enough that I'm afraid of the stock cracking. Is there a point that should be relieved a little bit close to the tang?
Thanks

Sounds like the hooked breech is not fitting your tang properly. Put marking dye on the hook. Then install the barrel, and do what you have done- pressing down to put in the barrel keys. Then remove the barrel and check the hook to see where the dye has been rubbed. That is your high spot, and probably needs some file work to make it fit better. :thumbsup:

Back