• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

heart skiped a beat or two

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel collums

45 Cal.
Reaction score
i got in my climbing stand well before daylight,hunting a new lease i didnt know all the members yet or every ones lucky spot. right before it was light enough to see i heard one coming down the trail and it stopped right across the hollow from me and made a scrape then it got quite. when the sun came up there was a older guy sitting where i thought the deer was. i was about 30 foot high and could see a couple hundred yards all around.i waved at the guy a few times but he never saw me. so i just sat back and watched about an hour later here comes this buck walking the ridge behind the hunter,he finally saw the deer and took a shot at it, he missed and it ran right by him and stopped at the base of my tree, i could see the guy fumbling his stuff trying to reload and keep his eye on the buck. i took aim and killed it. i started getting my stuff together and started coming down the tree. by the time i got to the ground the old guy was there he looked at me and ask where the hell did you come from. i pointed up the tree he just shook his head and said grab ahold and i'll help you drag it out. we got up the hill to a old logging road and sat down to rest,we were talking and he pulled out his pack of smokes and was looking at the bullet hole asking me how much powder and if i was using prbs, all of a sudden this hudge buck just walks up from nowhere. we both froze while the buck just stood there looking around,i was sitting on the dead deer and both rifles were laying besides me, the buck turned his head and twitched his tail and started walking right to us,i reached over real easy and handed the old guy his rifle and he never even looked down the sights just fired,he hit the buck square in the chest and the bullet came out the tip of its tail. he turned around and said well this turned out to be one hell of a hunt. we ened up being hunting buddies for another three years and then he died of lung cancer.

Good story. I can relate. Many stories like that in my 70 yrs. of beating the woods.

Back