• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello All

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NMRog

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I live in Western New Mexico, I used to hunt with a traditional muzzleloader back in my younger days. I became a die hard archery hunter and hunted bow only for over 25 years. I suffered a back injury last year and can longer shoot bows. I decided I would go back to ML because I love the challenge of getting close to the game (hunting harder). After doing a little research I found out the game had really changed since I used to burn powder: inlines, sabots, various ingnition systems, etc. After getting overwhelmed with the all new stuff out there and buying and shooting a new inline, I decided the heck with this, I'm going back to what ML'ing is all about. I dug all my sidelocks out of the various places I had stored them over 25 years ago and punched traditional muzzleloader into a search engine and found this sight. I'm glad to be here and hope you will put up with some probably stupid questions since I am having to start the learning curve all over again.

Thanks for having me. Roger

NMRog,
Welcome to the MLF,great to have you with
us.Sorry to hear of your injury that would
keep you from bow hunting.Sounds like something
you were very passionate about.Certainly glad
you bypassed the dark side(I/L's) very quickly.
Hope you will visit often and contribute
when you can.
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Good to have you NMRog. Similar problems with me although MLs have always been a companion. I didn't hurt my back, just inherited bad bones and docs keep wanting to cut on them. Im going to try bow hunting early (may have to quit early too) then go to ML for our weeklong deer season after Thanksgiving. So, care for your back and start shootin' the old ML. This gettin' old is a bummer and I still had trees I wanted to climb. :nono:

Back