• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello All

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith44

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just another newbie to the forum sayin Hi. I fired my first smokepole 31 years ago, a cap lock, so-called Hawken made by CVA. My current modest collection (all cap locks) is soon to grow by one. This one will be a flinter, as well it will be the smallest bore I've ever laid hands on. In a matter of weeks I will lay down hard earned green backs on the counter and recieve in return a "Pedersoli" "Frontier Rifle" in .32 cal. Nothing really special, but it will be three firsts in one, my first sub .50 caliber, my first flinter, and the first shallow groove ball shooter I have ever heard of. So I may be asking some really dumb questions, but I tend to be a fast learner so be kind if ya can.

Any way Hi to all glad to be here, looking forward to getting to know you.

Keith

Keith,
Welcome to the MLF,great to have you
onboard.The.32 is a great shooter as long as
you stay within its limits.Next you will want
a .40 or .45cal, but until then enjoy that .32.
Visit often and contribute when you can.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Welcome! You'll enjoy the .32. They are great small game rifles and just a hoot to shoot. The ML equivalent of a .22.

Greetings Keith,

.32 cal is great fun, especially in a flinter. Don't know where you live, but if you have squirrels in your area, I highly recommend hunting them with this particular gun. You will try to remember having more enjoyment. :hatsoff:

Squirlel hunting, rabbit sniping, and the occasional small varmint are the exact reasons for this purchase. Thanks for the reply.

Keith

Keith, glad to meet you! Any questions you might have will be answered here. You may even get more than you asked for! Emery

Welcome aboard Keith!
:hatsoff:
...and remember, there no really dumb questions.
(besides they 've already been asked.) :rotf:
Remember the search features and the archived articles in the flintlock section.

Marc A.

Welcome to the forum!There is more free info on here, than the public library :grin:

Thanks to all, for the warm welcome. I've been looking around for a few days, and am really enjoying the site.

welcome to the Forum Keith, from your display avatar you must cast your own? if so feel free to give your tips and advice here they will be welcomed :hatsoff:

Back