• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Canada!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ger34

Pilgrim
Reaction score
My name is Gerry, I am from SW Ontario Canada, (no...it's not snowing yet! lol) VERY new to "smokepole"...I shoot a TC Hawken .50. andd I am hoping to learn enough about the sport so I can use it during the upcoming deer season

Hope to chat with you all soon!

Gerry,
Welcome to the MLF glad to have you with
us. Lots of great folks and information here
to help with your journey into the past. Quite
afew other Canadians also here. Hope you will
visit often and contribute when you can.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Howdy Ger & welcome aboard amigo! :grin: I am sure you do not have long to wait on that snow! :hmm: Pull up close to the fire here and toast your toebones! :hatsoff:

Davy

Hi Gerry. Welcome aboard. You found the right place to chat about smokepoles. I bet you get some really good deer hunting up there! :)

Thank you all for the warm and friendly welcome...now...can anyone tell me which forum I should start to learn the VERY basics of BP shooting?

Thanks
Ger

I think the accuracy forum is pretty good for picking up shooting tips. And the forums specific to your interest, such as smoothbore, flint, percussion and pistols are all good too. Poke around and ask questions. We don't bite...too hard. :haha:

Hello Gerry, If muzzleloading information is what you are looking for you have found the place. Welome aboard. anvil

Hi Gerry. Glad to have another one of our Canadian Cousins dropping in. Now, next time we invade, please let us stay? :hatsoff:

Welcome G, good to have ya read them all and ask away everything yer curious about fear not to ask

Welcome Ger!
Stick around and ask all the questions you want!Great bunch hanging around here!

I'm a little late, but welcome Gerry! I'm not too far from you, here in Kingston. :v

Ahhhh a Good Kingston Boy!That's what Don says.....Wasn't kirk Muller and Doug Gilmour from there?

HI Gerry..I'm pretty new to this site too but I've been around muzzle loaders for some time... Welcome to the Forum...
yooper

Welcome Ger, a TC Hawken is a very fine rifle and will be a fine rifle for deer

Back