• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Canada

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maple leaf

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm from the southern tip of Canada, about a 100 miles east of Detroit. I have been involved with firearms most of my life (51 yrs.) and hunting for half of that. I am a BP newbie however, and I have just picked up a used Lyman Trade rifle, 50 cal., and I look forward to learning a lot from this site which I stumbled upon.

I am also a newbie Civil War student. I have always had a moderate interest in the conflict. This summer however, my wife and I were visiting D.C. to see our son who attends university there and stays year-round because of his job outside of school. My son suggested we visit Gettysburg, which we did. A flame has been lit, and I am very very motivated to learn as much as I can about the conflict and visit as many historical sites as time and money permit. Next summer we plan to visit Antietam for sure and perhaps Manassas as well. We would love to get back to Gettysburg for the 150th events but scheduling doesn't permit it.

Anyway, enough rambling from me. It's a great site here, and I hope to visit often!

hey, maple leaf,

welcome to the MLF, and for a real treat, might i suggest you look for some reenactments that coincide with major dates/events of the CW throughout the virginia and DC area.. many will include cannon fire and calvary along with skirmishes done in full authentic style.. quite a sight to see.

:thumbsup:
~dg~

Greetings ! If you should get down into Virginia don't miss stopping at the Pamplin Park Museum of the Civil War Soldier just So. of Richmond.

Howdy, this is a great forum with great people who all have useful information. There is so much to learn. Scroll down the forums page to the forum Civil War. I'm sure you can find something for yourself there.

War Hawk said:
Your probably a Maple Leafs fan but welcome anyway :stir: :rotf:

Well, I used to be. For 35 years. But when the richest team in hockey can't get a real team on the ice even though the arena is full every night, they lose my support. I've been a neutral fan since about '03.

Hey Mapleleak good to hear from you. you say you are interested in our civil war. We have quite a few reinactments that might be of intrest. We even have reinactors here in Michigan of the war of 1812. They are located near Detroit.They have a little spot to meet where the Battle of Rainen River was fought.Thats where you Canadians kicked our butts real bad. Anyway hope you enjoy this forum. :grin:

They will turn it around someday, don't give up hope!!! In the mean time, I hope you enjoy the forum!

Back