• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Central Florida

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSimpleMan

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is K.J. I'm new to the community, just recently got into the reenacting/living history/muzzleloading/mountain man/rendezvous thing.

I think I'm well known in other places for authoring posts that are entirely too long, so in trying to break that, I will leave you with this: As I said, I'm new and looking to learn. I'm looking to network with others in the central Florida area as well as local events to attend. I look forward to learning from/getting to know some of you. Please feel free to ask questions or message me. :thumbsup:

Welcome KJ. I spent 22 years in the Orlando area and first got into muzzleloading there when Richard Graffius was running Buffalo Bills. There is plenty of ML activity at Central Florida Rifle & Pistol Club that you might want to check out if you aren't already there. I live in PA now but get back to FL frequently so perhaps we can connect at CFRPC some time.

Thank you all for the welcome!

Blackjack, I have indeed heard of CFRPC but am not yet a member. I too have spent (all) 22 years here in Orlando. I will have to check them out. I've heard mixed things about Buffalo Bills... Do they carry reenactment type supplies or just the modern muzzle loading stuff?

I have shot and primitive camped at rendezvous for years but am looking to get into more primitive hunting and trekking. If you're ever interested in hitting the woods then let me know. Heck if you just want to exchange ideas with another Floridian then let me know!

Silky, sounds like a plan. Like I said, I'm new and would love to network with people in the area. What kinds of rendezvous events have you been to? The only one that I've heard of is the Alafia River Rendezvous.

I just recently moved here from Ohio so most of the events I attended were up there. Hard to find many down here, and the Alafia seems to be the main one here.

Yes, Buffalo Bills is only a shadow of it's former self at the moment, but they occasionally have what you're looking for in the ML world.

Back