• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Charlotte, North Carolina

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaytbuzzard1

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am new to the muzzleloader world. A customer gave me a Pedersoli Kentucky Flintlock .45 cal. rifle. I haven't shot it yet but I had it checked out and it's in great shape. I can't wait. I hunt with a Ben Pearson recurve bow so I guess I like the "old school" stuff. Great site by the way.

Glad you found the site. If you enjoy grtting up=close and personal with tfhe bow , The rest of the tansfer to the muzzleloader will come easy. Keep us posted . :hatsoff:

I am new to the muzzleloader world. A customer gave me a Pedersoli Kentucky Flintlock .45 cal. rifle. I haven't shot it yet but I had it checked out and it's in great shape. I can't wait. I hunt with a Ben Pearson recurve bow so I guess I like the "old school" stuff. Great site by the way.
Greetings. I've just joined this forum. Noticed you joined about 10 years ago, and are from the Charlotte, NC area, as am I. Are you still into BP and have you found anywhere in the immediate area to shoot or meet up with people with the similar interest. I'm batting zero for both. Though NC isn't without a couple of clubs, nothing close has shown up on my radar. Be interested in seeing if you've had a different experience. Still exploring this site, looks interesting and seems to have a bit of traffic.

Welcome from Hutto, Texas. I am pretty green myself to black powder, these guys will help you out on your BP journey immensely. Once you start shooting muzzleloaders, you'll leave your other guns at home!

Greetings. I've just joined this forum. Noticed you joined about 10 years ago, and are from the Charlotte, NC area, as am I. Are you still into BP and have you found anywhere in the immediate area to shoot or meet up with people with the similar interest. I'm batting zero for both. Though NC isn't without a couple of clubs, nothing close has shown up on my radar. Be interested in seeing if you've had a different experience. Still exploring this site, looks interesting and seems to have a bit of traffic.
I am also in the area. Two places I know of to shoot BP are: Flintlock Valley Shooting Range
The Flintlock Valley Shooting Range is a partnership between the N.C. Wildlife Resource Commission and U.S. Forest Service.
Address: 1359 Moccasin Creek Rd, Troy, NC 27371
Operating Hours: Tuesday - Saturday (10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.) Memorial Day to Labor Day; Tuesday - Saturday (9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.) Labor Day to Memorial Day. Closed Sunday, Monday, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Cost: Daily pass fee $10 per person per day; annual pass $60 per year. Passes my be purchased from:
Uwharrie National Forest, 789 NC Hwy. 24/27 East, Troy, NC (910-576-6391)
Uwharrie Sportsman, 4593 Hwy. 24/27 West, Mt. Gilead, NC (910-439-4336)
Eldorado Outpost, 4021 Hwy. 109 North, Troy, NC (910-572-3474)
Uwharrie Trails General Store, 4568 N.C. Hwy. 109 North, Troy, NC (910-571-0100)

I have not shot at Flintlock yet. The one I have used is: Foothills Public Shooting Complex – 283 Fielding Road Cherryville, NC 28021 Phone: 704-447-8230 It is near Shelby, NC. Good facility, and you can get some good barbecue at Red Bridges’ on the way😎.

‘Poet

Back