• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Hellinois

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpringThunder

32 Cal
Reaction score
Well it hasn't froze over here but it sure is burning as of late. Illinois boy here.

I don't have much knowledge of traditional muzzleloaders except I wish my old man would hand down his old man's kit hawken. He traded 51 dollars worth of silver to the local baitshop owner many years ago for that kit. Him and his brother went in on it for a Christmas gift to my grandfather. What a gift! I don't think my grandfather ever drew blood with that rifle. My dad always wanted to take a good buck with it and have it mounted with the rifle then being placed in the rack. He doesn't break it out ever anymore and I wish to be able to do that for him but it might be a long time before that happens.

I'm on the modern muzz site and been kicking around the idea of getting a traditional rig. Figured it'd be wise to get on here for the trad knowledge. They have it there too but can probably get more here.

Thanks for having me!

Jist git yo pie-hole open cause weez abouts ta cram it full a knoll-ledge! 🤪

Just kidding. This is a pretty good place to be if you have questions. A lot of the answers can also be found in the pinned comments at the start of most sections.

I'm over here in Wild Western Illinannoy, where we have the Hancock County Gun Club. Every now and then we do something black powder if we are not too far away from you. However, there are some other clubs in Illinannoy that have regular BP shooting events.

Welcome,

The Doc is out now. 😎

Jist git yo pie-hole open cause weez abouts ta cram it full a knoll-ledge! 🤪

Just kidding. This is a pretty good place to be if you have questions. A lot of the answers can also be found in the pinned comments at the start of most sections.

I'm over here in Wild Western Illinannoy, where we have the Hancock County Gun Club. Every now and then we do something black powder if we are not too far away from you. However, there are some other clubs in Illinannoy that have regular BP shooting events.

Welcome,

The Doc is out now. 😎
There is a chunk of public dirt north of you I've been kicking around the idea of stomping round in for awhile. Might have to make a long weekend of it whenever I do and swing through.

I'm closer to the thing dragging this state down more than anything. I'm where the corn begins 45 miles west of chicago. Planning on making my escape though!

Welcome from the southern tip of Ill-Annoy, or The People’s Republic of Illinois. Feels like East Berlin!
I have family in and around Marion. That's where the blood stems from. Hunted a fair amount down by Ullin. Wish I was there and not here. The loss of the hunting grounds almost makes it the same.. Miss those Shawnee hills though.

I live in Wolf Lake. Timber Rattler country.
IMG_6695.jpeg

Back