• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Illinois

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lobster John

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I found this site yesterday. I have been building and shooting muzzleloaders for 28 years. A long time ago some friends dragged me to Friendship, where they said there were no women and children. I found that to be untrue. On the second trip, my wife and 3 kids picked me up to go home. They took one look around and said: "You can't ever come here again. By yourself." That led to 15 or 20 years of family vacations in the primitive area. My camp name Lobster John comes from the lobster boil that I threw the day after my daughter graduated from college. She got her diploma, put on her skins and went to camp.

I'm building my sixth muzzleloader. I just finished a Tulle .62 caliber smoothbore. I'm working on an Early Virginia. I also have a coal forge in my barn where I build knives 'n stuff.

Happy Holidays to All.
LJ

Welcome LJ. Nice to have another Illinoisan visiting. What part of Illinois are you from? I live in Winchester about 50 miles west of Springfield.

Red Bentley

LobsterJohn,
welcome to the forum glad to have you with us.
lots of friendly people and loads of information here :imo:
hope you will join in and contribute whenever you can.
again welcome and stay active
HAPPY HOLIDAYS
I am snake-eyes :thumbsup: :) :peace: :)

Welcome, Lobster John.
Always good to see another Illinoian on the forum. :thumbsup:
I'm just West of Effingham, myself. If we keep it up, at this rate, we'll outnumber the Pennsylvanians. :crackup:

Hi Lobster John,

Welcome to the fire, pull up a log in the Illinois section - I'm just north of Chicago in Evanston.

vic

Welcome Lobster John

Good to have you with the group.

Can you send up a pizza, 2 hot dogs with everything and 2 beefs with sweet and hot? ha! I miss that food very much since we left the Chicago area.

hey john,
i just got hooked-up here myself, i'm just east of you in manhattan. i get over to morris every once in a while. would enjoy seeing your set-up sometime. we get over to "stock up" at BigR every so often.....LOL
dave
[email protected]

Again, welcome. Bet Daley didn't know there were so many good rifles in Illinois.

Back