• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from MA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich427

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy everyone. I've been into muzzleloaders pretty much since I was born. I'm 23 years old, but my dad brought me up watching the old shows like Daniel Boone, Davy Crockett etc. (For anyone who's into the show; My dad appeared on the special features of the Fess Parker, Daniel Boone Season 4 DVD as the Worlds Biggest Fess Parker Daniel Boone fan).

Like a lot of people, Shows like that and movies like Jeremiah Johnson is what got me started in muzzleloaders. My Dad and I have quite a collection of Flintlock and Percussion muzzleloaders now. Nothing extremely high end like some of the beautiful guns I've seen here, but we have fun with them and enjoy them.
Here's my favorite. I'm a little more into Flintlocks, but my dad gave me this gun when I was about 15 so it has a special meaning to me. It's a TC 50 cal Hawken kit. It needed some minor work when I got it, so it was the first firearm I really worked on.

ironmistress226.jpg

Welcome and nice looking .50. This is a great place to learn and meet like minded folks. :thumbsup:

Welcome! That is a nice rifle. I can tell you take good care of it and that Bowie is a nice touch. Good shooting to ya!

Sounds like you have a good foundation in the sport. you'd be surprised how many of us got our start watching those old shows and movies and thinking, "Wow! I could do that!" I still remember the old Davy Crockett shows from the 50's. Everybody was convinced his gun was electrically fired since no flintlock could ever go off regularly...amazing how much had been forgotten and how much has been relearned in the half century since! Welcome aboard, lots of good folks and bunches of knowledge here! :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back