• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Minnesota

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kind of doing it backwards because I have already posted a few questions on the forum and just now noticed this section.

Name's Frank and I live in Winona County, MN. Retired here 8 years ago from the Chicago area.

Been going to the Big Muddy Rendezvous in Winona, MN for about 6 years as a visitor and we were invited to join the rendezvous this year (2003). It's extremely hard not to make friends at this event.

Bought my first BP rifle last year and just got a BP pistol this Christmas. (mostly what my questions were about)

I am trying to read all of the threads on this forum to pick up tid-bits from all who contribute.

Sure wish I had seen the light many years ago!

Winona County, Hey? Well that's some of the best deer hunting country in Minnesota.(Hush, that's a secret!)
shocked.gif
With all those steep hills, I suppose that you prefer that you wait until the deer is at the top, so when you shoot him, he rolls back down to you!
tongue.gif

Howdy Gray Beard

We are fortunate to have a very large population of both deer and turkey on the ridge that I live on. A few of the neighbors have rigged up their pick-up beds with winches, pullies and "cargo" sleds just to pull the deer back up to the top of the ridge. But I'll just bet the folks living in the valleys have it a lot easier getting their critter out of the woods!

I see that you're from MN. Where abouts?

Hey Frank,
I've been to Winona some; I received a Master's Degree from Saint Mary's University there in 2001.

I've never been to the Ronny-vous though.

Good luck with your new BP discovery.

Back