• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from sw TN

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeaBee133

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Long time reader, decided it was time to join up. Been shooting for 42 years. Currently have a first year Ruger Old Army with the brass SBH “Dragoon” grip frame, 1990 Lyman GPR .54, and a year unknown 400,000s serialed TC “Hawken” .50, and a ton of unmentionables. No manuals for the cap guns, so, always looking for tips on use, maintenance and upgrades.
The TC and GPR were left to me last year in my riding buddy’s will. Going to polish up the TC’s brass, have his info added to the patch box, and finish the California rifle look he had drawn out. The GPR is going straight to work, feral hog hunting in the river bottom.

Attachments

• IMG_5424.jpeg
    IMG_5424.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5425.jpeg
    IMG_5425.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Nice Rifles!! Welcome from SC
Thanks!
Going to possibly inlet the TC’s wedge escutcheons, correct some proud wood and high brass spots. Those were on my friend’s “wish list” to have done to it. I may just add his info and call it good. The barrel to ramrod web is pretty thin…

You will be glad you joined here. Great people. And some great knowledge when you need it.
Sometimes after a rain there are some mud puddles but over all. It’s a great group

Latest posts

Back