• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Utah

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garbear

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello. I am from west central Utah. I been shooting muzzle loaders since I was 19. I own T/C renegade 56 sb, traditions 50 side lock, a Jukar in 45 side lock, my dad built in college and yes even the hated T/C omega inline. Glad to have found this place.
Garbear

Hello from Las Vegas. If your interested the ML club here has it's fall rondy Nov on vets day weekend SMFT.org for details, nice small get together. Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
You're in one of the finer hunting areas around. Though it wasn't a muzzleloader, I got in on the tail end of the most memorable traditional hunt I've ever heard of while driving through your state about 20 years back.

Way off in the hills and saw an elderly fellow standing by his truck looking pretty wrung out. Stopped to see if he needed a hand. He did:

He was 78 years old and decided it would be his last year hunting, and to honor his family and the hunting tradition he set out with the 1886 Winchester his daddy had bought new when his dad was a lad.

Proceeded to shoot the biggest mule deer I've ever seen in my life. Worked all day dragging it downhill to his truck, but simply couldn't get it loaded up. I helped, but even with two if us it was a grunt.

He got all teary eyed after he closed the tailgate, and I was right there too. A favorite memory of your state, even for a stranger.

Back