• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Western New York

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyer

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to this board. I like to hunt using shotgun, compound bow and now I have T/C Omega .50 and would like to learn all I can. I want to see what scopes and load mixes and bullet/sabot types other hunters had experience with to achieve best results. I've been looking at the new Leupold VX III variable 3.5-10x 40mm for shots taken with some kind of support. I want to be able to kill a deer at 150 yds with good confidence. I also want to be able to have the ability to drop a deer at 25-40 yds with same set up. Any thoughts & suggestions from your experiences? Thanks. :master:

Welcome to the camp!
I don't know anything about scoped muzzleloaders, but I know a lot of people in the Modern Muzzleloader section do!
If you ask your question in that section, I bet they jump on it like a pack of wolves.
While your waiting for answers, take a good look around at all of our different sections and if you see something you want to comment on, be our guest.

Again, welcome, and thanks for joining us.

Welcome!

Have a poke around and you should find some good tios. As Zonie said, you want to start in the Modern Mozzleloaders and Modern Muzzleloader Hunting sections for tips on your Omega. Doesn't sound like you're requirements are unrealistic.

"Stumpsitter" Has a familiar ring to it. :haha:

"Stumpsitter" Has a familiar ring to it. :haha:

They're holding it down for you Stumpkiller...

Welcome Stumpsitter, I'd say pull up a chair, but I see you already have your own stump...

So relax, enjoy yourself and feel free to poke fun at Maxieball whenever you feel like it... :winking:

Ummm...A Stumpsitter, AND a Stumpkiller! Gawd, I hope thar ain't no relation. Be awful hard trying to take two of them thangs.
Welcome Stumpsitter. Stay away from that other stump. It has funny ways :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Russ

Stay away from that other stump. It has funny ways :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
Russ [/quote]
Yea, and i hear it is growing some sorta fungus on it too. :crackup: :crackup:

Well, it's good to hear that cream is helping. Thought ya was growin' mushrooms. :: ::

Stumpkiller is a fun guy, but his wife spells it "FUNGI"... :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Back