• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

hello

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken.clements

40 Cal.
Reaction score
did anyone else find it pretty hard to write about themselves?
I'm 43,living in Germany since 1991 as a civilian, started shooting BP about 4 years ago (mostly because some burocrat here told me I couldn't because I wasn't German...and to prove him wrong :wink: )and now to get him really angry i want to win the national championships (wouldn't that be funny)?

Ken,
Welcome to the MLF.Hope you will visit and contribute often.
Not funny maybe,but retribution.
I am snake-eyes :hats off:

Welcome, Glad to have you here.Just look at it this way....Its not the first time a non-German with a firearm showed them what could be done :) Bent

:thumbsup: Welcome to the MLF.Good luck with your run at the championship.Griz

Welcome Ken! What categories are you/will you be shooting? And please post pictures.

Welcome to the MLF Ken! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks in camp so pull up a stump and contribute when you can.

Actually, that would be hilarious!
Welcome to the ML forum and keep us up on your progress!

mazo kid said:
Welcome Ken! What categories are you/will you be shooting? And please post pictures.
there's about 6 different catsthat i can shoot (depends on what rifle you have), the ones I want to win are military rifle iron sights at 50 meters (yards)(2 dif cats) but I will shoot in every cat I can.
I like making burocrats angry :grin:

Welcome!!
Where in Germany are you? I was in Wiesbaden when my dad was stationed there. Vividly remember the "honey wagons". :barf:

Welcome. When I was stationed in Stuttgart 85-87 I shot with the Necker River Free Trappers a german / american club and we shot in the national shoots and it was a tuff go but had a blast doin it.
Give the politicos a show and shoot well friend and keep yer powder dry. So have a seat, fill yer tin cup as the coffees finished boiling.

I was in Bayern Erlangen(southern Germany) for 18 years where the beer is great and the woman are.....well, that is another subject.
I moved to northern Germany where the beer leaves much to be desired(Celle near Hannover) last year and decided to "quit looking over the next hill" (and because my girlfriend has a mean right cross with a frying pan).

I'm shooting in / with a German club that is more into western shooting than anything else.
blackpowder shooting is a relative small community here in Germany compared to the thousands of other shooters and hunters.
As you know you can only shoot here being a member in a club. The hoops that I have to jump through here to be able to shoot are extremely fustrating...laws, tests, being looked at through a microscope from the goverment etc.

Back