• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help for old eyes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I put together a Kibler Fowler a month or so back. Love the little gun but could not see the tiny front blade in the woods. I painted it black, white and even tried gold but unless I had full light I could not find it.

I was digging through a draw and happened up on an old fiber optic front blade. I filed it down thin and took a hacksaw with 2 blades in it and cut a slot.

It sets down over the front blade which centered it up for me.

It might not be very traditional but I think the cat squirrels are gonna hate it in a couple of weeks

Attachments

• IMG_0803.jpeg
    IMG_0803.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0804.jpeg
    IMG_0804.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
A search will bring up previous discussions on this common issue. As a bp elder I know what is happening. There are a couple measures you can take. One is to put on a rear peep sight. Many clubs now allow them because of our aging population in the bp game. And, there are devices that attach to the lens of your eyeglasses that work like a peeper and give a sharp image of the sights. Personally, I have never had luck with these but there are reports from others who like them. Everything in this game requires fussing, fiddling, trial and more trial. Keep at it. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back