• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help on barrel stamp.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anders L

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I recently bought 5 new old rifles. They have not arrived yet but I have some pics of them. Its really cheap rifles i lesser condition for interesting renovations.

There was a marking on a barrel that caught my attention and I wonder if any one of you have seen it before.
img_3827liten.jpg

Good stuff! :v

I guess Trond can give us more info if it is a danish rifle. :grin:

One more pic of it.

img_3808liten.jpg

The stamp on the barrel tells me nothing.

It does not look very Danish, but if it is, it probably is older than 1730 as it seems to have iron mountings. I need to see the side plate etc.

Trond

You think that its not danish then it probably isn´t. I will try to post more pics as soon as I get my hold on these rifles.

By telling from the pics, my guess is that it is a military weapon or parts from a military weapon. But from which country then?

Capt. Jas, what do you base your comment on?

AndersL, I just looked at a picture list of English, French and misc. Euro gun markings out of Weapons of the American Revolution by Neuman.
PM me with your email address and I will send it to you.

About barrel stamps; I looked in here but didn't see it there. It's interesting never the less. I don't know much about such things so forgive me if I am trying to help an expert. The page needs translated. http://annals.xlegio.ru/evrope/behaym/behaym22.htm

I could not find it either but a great collection of smiths mark.

I got a mail from Capt. Jas. and the suggested stamp looked like this and the text says:
Denmark and Norway 1746-1766. Sure looks like it. What do you say?

stc3a4mpel.jpg

Well, yes of course but this is a flintlock that is converted to percussion.

I will soon post more pics of this gun since I have it my hand now...

If it is the same stamp, it is a Danish Fredrik V stamp and Capt Jas is correct on the time periode. It must then be from fairly early in the period and probably looked something like this:

Danish/Norwegian M1746

Trond

Thank you Trond! :v
I visited your great homepage yesterday and thought that it probably is that gun. It looks familiar when you look att the barrel.

I will se what I will do with this gun since I dont collect military arms but it is nice to be able to trace it ta specific military arm.

Back