• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help With Valuation

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cshe091

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I hope I'm posting in the right forum for this. I have been out of the muzzleloading world for quite some time and I'm starting to gather my remaining things up with an eye towards selling them. I'm hoping that I can get opinions on a ball park value on two guns.

1)
62cal (.20ga) Early Virginia Smoothbore
Super Premium ++ curly maple
Brass furniture
Rice 38" D-weight swamped barrel
McCandless Patent Breech
Caywood Full Jug Choked
Chambers Deluxe Siler
Davis double set triggers
Aged steel finish
Builder Matt Avance

I'm ashamed to say that I bought this around 7 years ago from the original owner and never shot it even once. IMG_20240927_152215552_HDR.jpgIMG_20240927_152221757_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240927_152235990_HDR.jpg

2)
This is another that I had built by Jackie Brown that I have never fired either. I've had this one around 8 years. It's been so long that I don't remember all the particulars. Other than it's .54 caliber.

IMG_20240927_153436195_HDR.jpgIMG_20240927_153447637_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240927_153451865.jpg

I want to try and sell these locally as I'm afraid of getting scammed if I ship them. Any ballparks of what I should be asking would be very much appreciated.

I hope I'm posting in the right forum for this. I have been out of the muzzleloading world for quite some time and I'm starting to gather my remaining things up with an eye towards selling them. I'm hoping that I can get opinions on a ball park value on two guns.

1)
62cal (.20ga) Early Virginia Smoothbore
Super Premium ++ curly maple
Brass furniture
Rice 38" D-weight swamped barrel
McCandless Patent Breech
Caywood Full Jug Choked
Chambers Deluxe Siler
Davis double set triggers
Aged steel finish
Builder Matt Avance

I'm ashamed to say that I bought this around 7 years ago from the original owner and never shot it even once.View attachment 351547View attachment 351548
View attachment 351549

2)
This is another that I had built by Jackie Brown that I have never fired either. I've had this one around 8 years. It's been so long that I don't remember all the particulars. Other than it's .54 caliber.

View attachment 351551View attachment 351552
View attachment 351553

I want to try and sell these locally as I'm afraid of getting scammed if I ship them. Any ballparks of what I should be asking would be very much appreciated.
Sell online and don't ship until the check or money order clears, or use PayPal Friends and family. Selling locally you'll have to get pretty lucky to find a buyer, even luckier to get what you want out of them. Nice looking sticks.

Don't sweat the online...I've used gunbroker to buy and sell several times with no problems at all. You simply do not ship it until the money is in your account. Postal Money Order is very popular and bullet proof.

Both are fine looking guns. Start high. Can always go down.

Could be around $2K but in person might limit depending on where you are and a buyer local to you. Could also put them on consignment with Clay Smith, TVM, Track of the Wolf or the like and they will handle the transaction and send you the funds when the guns sell.

Back