• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hey all

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Bounds

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been checking this site for the last month or so. I guess I ought to jump in. I'm 48, I have a few kids. The girls are away to college. The 15 yr old boy is up in bed,hopefully asleep,we hunt mostly in south central PA. I live in a small town thats growing like crazy. I don't know where all those people work....
I bought a CVA Mountain rifle kit,flint,(unfinished) about $25.00,from a guy that used to work with me. It layed around the garage for about 6 yrs. I put it together last year. I had to make a few parts, the hook tang,front sights. Funny how having a kid around makes stuff disappear..any way...
It had a big chip missing from the toe of the butt,so i patched it up and basicly painted the stock, it looks good.
Honestly. It will get a new stock some day,new lock too.
I really like shooting it. better than I thought i would.
I went hunting with it last winter in our late season. But didn't see any deer. I'm really looking forward to our early muzzleloader season in two weeks. I've been scouting a lot. And I've been doing a good amount of shooting at the range, and things are coming along fine. I think I got the thing working pretty good. I was a little concerned at first. not getting good groups, mis-firing and such. I was wondering how the old timers didn't starve to death.
See ya all later.
Bill

WileyHunter,
welcome to the forum glad you have decided to join us.you certainly are doing the things that need to be done for a successful hunt. i.e. scounting and practice. there is nothing like harvesting your first with a b/p
rifle. :imo: good luck. join in whenever you can.

again welcome and stay active

I am snake-eyes :RO: :peace: :) :thumbsup:

I've been checking this site for the last month or so.
Aha! You was one o' them Anonymous fellers! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:Click on the Who's Online section if'n ya don't know what I mean. Anyhoo, welcome, my friend. :thumbsup:

there are about 1000 years of combined experience here in makin' them shot straight and true :thumbsup:

And thats just from Ghost and Maxiball... :haha:

Welcome to the encampment WileyHunter...

Back