• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

hey Capper this will be a shooter next year

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenmtnboy

62 Cal.
Reaction score
On my way back to the lion kill last night I snuck into this buck for a picture.
It's a big three point.
Should be heavy tined next year

DSCF5439.jpg

DSCF5425.jpg

Sure it isn't an old deer on decline - that is awfully wide for a 3 pt mule deer :hmm:

It's a four year old maby a big three( no real mass).
I have seen many big three points over the years and think it would be cool to harvest one.
A buck in decline will still hold mass on his antlers just drop in size.
When I get a chance I'll go through my pics and find some more large three points

KHickam said:
Sure it isn't an old deer on decline - that is awfully wide for a 3 pt mule deer :hmm:

Hey buddy here are a few more mature three points, kind of an annomoly but not as uncommon as you would think.
Some do grow into four points but if they are not by the time they are two or three and half years old they prabably will stay three.

critters009.jpg

DSCF4394.jpg

DSCF4448-1.jpg

DSCF2695-1.jpg

You really need to stop posting pics of these "small" mule deer - compared to our Texas whitetails they are HUGE. :thumbsup:

Hey GMB i think i read that you were a guide are you independent or with and oufit? what animals do you guide for? Shifty

Hope you don't mind me adding this Colorado mulie pic. This is the biggest buck I have ever seen. Sorry for the poor picture quality. I filmed him with a Hi-8 camera a few years back. I didn't know how to transfer the image to digital, so I popped the tape in and took a picture of my TV. Yes I'm technology challenged. :grin:

100_1751.jpg

Great Pics GMB. There was a 32ish inch 3 point taken in my area during our CF hunt this year. I do like big 3's; kind of like giant 2's you see every now and then.

shifty said:
Hey GMB i think i read that you were a guide are you independent or with and oufit? what animals do you guide for? Shifty

Hey buddy I guide for Adventures experences inc..
go on line and check out the web site.
:thumbsup:

I guide elk,mule deer, goat ,sheep

Back