• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hey from Central Texas!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokestick

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been lurking for a while, and thought I'd stop in and say hello! I just finished up a CVA Plains Pistol Perc. .50 cal kit a few weeks ago, and enjoy shooting it. My next project is going to be a Lyman GPR, roundball shooter. I started out as most do, shooting .22's and deer rifles. Then moved to bow hunting for more of a challenge. Now, I'm ready to move on to the blackpowder challenge. I'm not really interested in the in-lines so much (they're nice, but not for me), I'm more into building a couple of guns and some of the accouterments to go along with them. I finished up a really nice antler short starter and a powder charger recently. Dad's now got me thinking about building a knife. That, along with the GPR, ought to keep me busy for a while. Glad to be here!

Glad to have you here too, the nice thing about muzzleloading is that you can make your own accouterments...

I think that is part of the charm...

Don't forget to make a round ball loading block, they come in handy for a fast reload.

Welcome Smokestick,
Was wondering who the 500th member would be!
Good people all here, enjoy the fire...
Allan

Back