• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi all.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chronos

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I live in Cincinnati, OH and like to keep my outdoor activities simple. Such as fly fishing alone, sans boat and an endless array of electronics. So, I thought this fall I'd try muzzle loading and found this group, hoping to find a good source information.

Michael

you will find a wide array of knowledge from these experts. there are many willing people to put incite into your life as to what muzzleloading is all about. I have had a great time being here in this forum. :m2c:

Welcome Chronos!

Sounds like muzzlr losding will suit you just fine and believe me, the members of this forum have as much experience sa you will find anywhere.

There is something in muzzle loading to appeal to anyone who is creative, likes making things, likes "gadgets", and likes to experiment. There is a down side, though. It gets in your blood and can consume you. There is always something else you want to try, buy or do.

Come to think of it, that's not a down side at all.

Enjoy!
jack :redthumb:

Welcome Chronos...

You will find that many of us here (myself included) fly fish, I shunned all other types of fishing since 1980...

Glad to see another buckeye hereabouts...

There's just something about a fly. I remember being at Red River Gorge and asked a local about where to fish. They told me, and then added that the trout were biting on corn this time of year. I had to hang my head down and walk away.

My greatest catch was a 22 in stripper landed on a 4 weight with no backing of the coast of Maine.

Maybe I'll have a tale this fall of a deer downed by a muzzleloader.

Welcome Chronos, I'm glad you decided to take the plunge.
I started out by seeing a certain rifle in a magazine that made me want to try it too. So I went to the library & checked out a book & bought the rifle & the rest is history. That rifle is still my favorite of many...
I truely hope it works out positively for you. Whenever I shoot I must admit that it's almost as good as my first time. Be ready to really enjoy yourself, both while muzzle loading and on the forum. Your new friends here will be waiting for your latest "smokepole" signals! :front:

Chronos,
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you on
board. Always nice to see another Buckeye in the mix.
Lots of friendly folks here to help with your
journey into the past. Hope you will contribute when
you can.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :thumbsup:

Chronos, perhaps you should hook up with a muzzleloader in your area and go shooting. Smokepoles are a lot more fun than modern guns and I've played with modern Class III small arms. Smokepoles are a lot more challenging and you can have half the fun of making your own accessories rather than buying everything.

Welcome to the best muzzleloading site on the net, hope you enjoy yourself! :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Back