• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi from Nauvoo, Illinois

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssamac55

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello. I'm Sam and live on the Mississippi.
been shooting blackpowder for about 10 years in a Traditions Kentucky rifle. Love it.
Not the greatest gun out there but I've worked through the issues and can shoot pretty accurate under 100 yards -- accurate enough to hunt with .
Hope to share my experiences and yours over time

Thanks for letting me join.

Sam :stir: :stir:

PS Gotta fix my avatar --

Welcome fellow denizen of Occupied Illinois,I'm sure you'll enjoy your time spent here. :thumbsup:

How's the deer hunting in your area of the state?

Thanks to all for the welcome
Deer hunting is slow but has picked up as the weather got cold. But you don't see many big bucks yet. Most bowhunters are waiting for the rut unless they are just looking for meat.

Do you bowhunt?

sam

No,never did but it's really popular around here but don't know how much effect the drought has had on where the deer are.LOL A lot of them corn fed ones didn't get much corn this year,beans neither.

Back