• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi from Western PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhorse1955

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Found the site the other day while poking around for BP links.
Started shooting BP about 15 years ago but only pursued it for about 5 years... Still have a small collection. Planning on going Goose hunting with my Pendersoli 10Ga sxs on Sept. 1st.
I don't do any historical stuff [yet] but just have fun shooting and hunting with my BP as well as modern guns [no traditional clothing... just use whatever I have]. I have a 50cal. Hawkin from CVA that I built years ago [it was my first build other than a 45cal Philadelphia Derranger]. Neither is a work of art. Besides I was to excited to get to shoot them rather then spend the time needed to make them 'pretty'. I have a few other misc. pieces that I use for target shooting.
I'm no expert and am looking forward to gaining a lot from those of you who are. :master:
Mostly I just like to get out and enjoy the hunt and the BP smoke.

redhorse1955,
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you
with us. As you can see we have lots of Pa. folks here.
Lots of other friendly and informative people also at
this forum. Don't forget the search feature of the forum,
as it will get you into the MLF archives. Contribute
when you can and have fun.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

redhorse1955: A Big Welcome To The Camp ! !

Glad you found us!! :hatsoff: There's lots and lots of
information here, so have fun checking everything about
blackpowder.
Good luck with your hunt, let us know how it goes. :front:

Again Welcome, and Take Care. :) Mtn-Man2u

Welcome to the site! I too am new, and I have read for a solid week. My brain is mush by the afternoons!

Just take two asprins, keep on reading and enjoy! Ronnie....

Glad you found the site! You're sure to pick up lots of good info and be "entertained" in the process!

"Welcome" from the other end of the state! :thumbsup:

Welcome,

I've got a cousin in Ambridge, PA, but he's a non-hunter nor shooter so we'll discuss him no more.

Tear off a hunk o' Snake-Eye 1K's coffee and sit a spell. Zonie used to make a good brew, but it kept eatin through the brew pot and dousin the coals.

Welcome to the best muzzleloading site on the net, hope you enjoy yourself! :hatsoff: :thumbsup:

Hey there...from Eastern PA! Welcome to the forum. I think you will find this one of the most freindly and informative sights out there.
Will be traveling to your end of the state in a few hours. I have a "camp" in Tidioute, Warren county, PA.

Stumpjumper

tidioute? by tinesta? is indian valley camp grounds still open by west hickory? thanks

Not sure of the campground but Tidiout is just north of Tionesta - along the historic Allegheny River.

Welcome to the site from Jefferson County (Brookville).

Back