• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

hogs and deer-trad guides maybe?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tajue17

40 Cal.
Reaction score
not sure if this is where I should post this but the new year usually starts my planning for the next seasons hunts,, I go on mostly traditional archery hunts and I like to stick with guides who themselves hopefully shoot the same equipment I do.

wondering if some of you guys might know if there are any guides (maybe semi-guided) who cater to traditional muzzleloaders only or mostly --> fair chase only for wild hogs, turkeys and deer (non-trophy if possible) even if they are very private and just supply the property like a lease for a day or 5 days...

First one, comes to my mind Greenmtnboy. Wouldn't hurt to at least talk to him about Mulies or Elk. I know thats not exactly what you asked for but I'm not sure what all else he can do for ya. Also might know who else to talk to about pigs or Whittails.

thanks for the post, I'll check with him and see what he says I bet he knows a few people too.

I did find a guy in Estill, SC for hogs & turks that I have hunted with before with stickbows.

I might have an option here in IL for a weekend deer hunt. Depends what you're looking for.

There's some state grounds with lotsa turkeys here. Can't help with hogs.

Send me a PT if you want.

Try looking around southern VA and Northern NC for Hog hunts. Went to a friends farm in NC for two days and shot 3 messing with a fences.

Back