• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hogs ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I moved cows from one pasture to one behind my house and following the cows were 3 piglets, huh. I figured that the hog trapper had caught their mother and they had escpaped.

The wife was with me and I decided to deal with them later. The little suckers acted like they were "cows".

A week later I go to check cows and they are still hanging around, acting more like cows all the time. My neighbors are stopping by and asking why am I running hogs with my cows and some are offering to rid me of the problem. By now the wife has adopted them. I suggested we name them "Ribs", "Pork Chop" and "Sausage", which drew an evil look.

The hog trapper comes by solves the problem, he said they are"pot bellied" pigs. I guess whoever owned them decided to turn them loose in the country.

I guess the moral is, be careful off what you shoot or think about shooting.

RDE

Richard Eames said:
I moved cows from one pasture to one behind my house and following the cows were 3 piglets, huh. I figured that the hog trapper had caught their mother and they had escpaped.

The wife was with me and I decided to deal with them later. The little suckers acted like they were "cows".

A week later I go to check cows and they are still hanging around, acting more like cows all the time. My neighbors are stopping by and asking why am I running hogs with my cows and some are offering to rid me of the problem. By now the wife has adopted them. I suggested we name them "Ribs", "Pork Chop" and "Sausage", which drew an evil look.

The hog trapper comes by solves the problem, he said they are"pot bellied" pigs. I guess whoever owned them decided to turn them loose in the country.

I guess the moral is, be careful off what you shoot or think about shooting.

RDE

Why? pot bellies taste just fine and the little ones male great targets...just like digger squirles only different :grin:

Back