• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Homemade and homegrown

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Ott

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Not much to tell about this one. Went down behind my house this morning, sat up in a big old Ash tree, I had recently cleaned out a new area for a small food plot that I will start on next spring, well the young grass has sprung up and the deer are liking it.
This old doe just didn’t heed my under breath warnings when I told her that she better turn around”¦..(Glad she didn’t). Shot her at 30 paces, DRT. 54 cal prb, from my homemade flint plains rifle.
This is my first with a flintlock. Twas a great feeling.
muzzdoe2.jpg

The hero shot,or some would say,"ugly mug"? :hmm:
muzzdoe1.jpg

Outstanding, congratulations!! :applause: I agree that's a beautiful rifle, too.

:hatsoff:
Spot

Nice shot :thumbsup: I forgot this was Missouri's muzzleloader season. All the guys in my club are from Northeast MO and were getting their guns ready for the season.

I built this rifle a few years ago as a full stock cap gun. I killed a few with it but wanted a flint, so I went head long into turning it into a flint.Well I couldn't find a lock to fit the wood so I just built me a bridle and pan,bought a frizzen and hammer, and made it work,cut the stock down,poured me a nose cap and whala! :thumbsup:

I posted pics of it last year when it was all shiny,the shine didn't fit me well so I browned it up.

Thanks all for the back slaps.

Tonights hunt didn't go as well..... :idunno:

Back