• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hope this big boy is still around...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
One of my goals this year's deer season is to get the big boy that made this rub in front of my Flintlock...
BigCedarRubFlintlock200.jpg

Looks like a nice one.....Pretty tame too......Make a "Hookin" like that with your flintlock right there and all.... :wink:

Now that's a man-sized rub.

I've been watching a spot where a nice buck has been hanging out - hope to get a crack at him come early muzzleloading season. I'm just afraid he'll move off the property and go where I can't.

Mark

I hear that! I saw a very good buck driving past where I hunt the other day and called my buddy asap on my cell. "Get out there and take a look at that big buck", I told him....then there was silence for about 10 seconds. "Yeah, I have been watching him", he said, "I wasn't going to tell you until I killed him."

Now how nice is that! :rotf:

I hope he does get him though. :thumbsup:

wess

That is a heck of a nice rub!
Good luck gettin' him in yer sights Roundball.

roundball said:
He probably only moves around at midnight!
:grin:

Ain't that the truth. I only see the backyard bucks around my house during the rut and usually well after dark. They trip motion sensors on the neighbor's houses. A few of these bruisers go well over 200 lbs. Does and skippers, see them all year at any hour.
Hope you catch up with that guy during one of his "weak" moments.

Ya know, it would be interesting on a moonlit night to slip into a stand location just before dark, and sit down quiet for a few hours...might be surprised at some brusiers that are in those woods

One of my goals this year's deer season is to get the big boy that made this rub in front of my Flintlock...

The real amazing thing is that he was able to make that rub without knockin the rifle over!! :shocked2:

That's a nice buck rub roundball. In elk country it would be a little guy. You should see what a mad moose does!! :shocked2:

Good luck getting him in your sights. Careful and don't leave that rifle sitting out like that any more as a really wise old buck will tap your rear sight off to the side hoping you won't notice! :)

Back