• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

HOPKINS & ALLEN barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbortlein

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Does any one know about HOPKINS & ALLEN barrels? I'm considering purchasing one. Here is a portion of the listing, "This is a Hopkins & Allen 45 caliber long rifle barrel. It has some light rust on the outside of the barrel but little or no pitting. This barrel is 35 inches long from the back of the tang to the muzzle end. The inside of the barrel is average condition."
b29f_1.JPG

b546_1.JPG

Thanks.

What are you thinking of putting together now?
Had a 58 cal. 1 in 72 inch twist that was dead on. Not sure about the 45. For myself it would depend on the price.
Don't forget, Friendship is just around the corner. I recall someone picking up a 42 inch 50 cal swamped octagon barrel off of a pick-up truck bed, cheap, that is now a nice looking longrifle.

Well, I've got this 45 cal Kentucky that needs a barrell of at least 33". I'm refinishing it with a dark stain and I have a flintlock already fitted to it. But patience is a virtue, so I'll have to not get excited about every picture I see and just wait a few more weeks.
mrbortlein
P.S. The price has since gone way past what I would think it worth on E-Bay.

I have a 45 Kentucky, their made in Spain. That looks like my barrel. They have different looking riffling then my CVA's and Junkar. I bought mine at Flea Market for 125.00. I did some work on it and it shoots good,has two piece stock. Dilly

Back