• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD - Pending funds Horace Dimick Style .50 Cal Half-stock Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a really pretty, well-made rifle in the style of Horace Dimick. It is a .50 caliber brass-fitted halfstock with German silver patchbox. Its 35" heavily browned barrel has an excellent bore. Top flat has “R. Byers” in script. Roger was an established and respected builder of rifles for a great many years. The tiger maple stock has been stained dark. Minimal handling marks. This rifle has obviously seen very little use. LOP is 13.75". Weighs 9 lbs. This guy has a single phase (adjustable) set trigger. You must “set” the rear trigger prior to firing.

I’m asking $1000 shipped for this fine rifle. I accept most forms of payment to include electronic options.

Attachments

• IMG_3168.jpeg
    IMG_3168.jpeg
    2.7 MB
  • IMG_3166.jpeg
    IMG_3166.jpeg
    4.6 MB
  • IMG_3167.jpeg
    IMG_3167.jpeg
    3.1 MB
  • IMG_3028.jpeg
    IMG_3028.jpeg
    2 MB
  • IMG_2984.jpeg
    IMG_2984.jpeg
    1.4 MB
  • IMG_2985.jpeg
    IMG_2985.jpeg
    3.2 MB
  • IMG_2982.jpeg
    IMG_2982.jpeg
    3.3 MB
  • IMG_2981.jpeg
    IMG_2981.jpeg
    3.5 MB
  • IMG_4398.jpeg
    IMG_4398.jpeg
    3.5 MB
Last edited:
What a pretty rifle. 😍
And let me tell you… she shoots as good as she looks! I’m no crack-shot, and I took second place with this rifle at last month’s club shoot. I was just a couple points away from beating the gentleman who’s regularly “top dog”. Not too shabby, considering I had only shot it once before.

I really think that if someone were to put in the time with this rifle, they’d be a force to be reckoned with!

Last edited:
Not good at valuing these things, but.....
That is the most beautifully functional rifle I have seen on this forum. Form and function in perfect harmony. Wow ! Everything about her says, "Show me off and then take me hunting". The wood is gobstopper. Good luck on your sale.
SW
100% agree! Not even in the market for this atm but this had me contemplating, b4 it just sold :/

To a very lucky man!

Can’t say I’ve ever had one sell this quick! Approximately two hours from the time it was listed to the time it sold.
Not surprised. Got people selling lesser ones for 2-3x the price! Nothing but respect for the fair price

How did u get such a beautiful specimen?

Latest posts

Back