• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hotshot nipple for CVA Bobcat??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toyforever

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Bountyhunter said:
I replaced my original nipple one time with a Hot Shot stainless, and it has been in there ever since.

I have a CVA Bobcat that I would like to get a Hot Shot stainless nipple for but cannot find one, anyone out there able to help? :hmm:

Thank you and keep your powder dry.

While I thought Hot Shot nipples were made by Uncle Mike's, I only found these Hot Shot's that they say are made by Butler Creek. See this source, 8 items up from the bottom of the page: [url] http://muzzleloadingandmore.com/products/accessories/shooting supplies/index.htm[/url]

Basspro sells a Hot Shot but doesn't list the size:
[url] http://www.basspro.com/servle...d=55117&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults[/url]

And Cabela's sells the Red Hot and Spit Fire replacement nipples:
[url] http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en...Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=nipples&noImage=0[/url]

Once you choose one, let us know how it works! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Uncle Mike's was the original maker of the Hotshot nipples. I don't know if the company is still in business, but if you can find an address for them, call them. They can tell you the correct size, for your gun, and can even ship one directly to you.

old school said:
Bountyhunter said:
I replaced my original nipple one time with a Hot Shot stainless, and it has been in there ever since.

I have a CVA Bobcat that I would like to get a Hot Shot stainless nipple for but cannot find one, anyone out there able to help? :hmm:

Thank you and keep your powder dry.

Do a Google Search Here :nono:

I bought a T/C Hot Shot nipple for my Hawken at Wal Mart a couple of years ago. T/C still shows them on their web site. Don't know if your rifle has the same thread but if it does that would work.

paulvallandigham said:
Uncle Mike's was the original maker of the Hotshot nipples. I don't know if the company is still in business, but if you can find an address for them, call them. They can tell you the correct size, for your gun, and can even ship one directly to you.

Michaels of Oregon is alive and well as far as I know and still in Portland, OR. On business trips during the 80's I used to stop in at their scattered complex to visit with management friends there, find out what new products were going to be coming out and even pick up items direct. I had a resale license, but even so they would only sell to me direct when I couldn't find what I wanted at Larry's (a very large sporting goods store in the area that sadly went out of business). Anyway, the Hot Shot nipples are not on their products list anymore, so they may not be avaialble except from old stock. While I doubt they would sell to you direct, you might try contacting them as suggested to see if they know of a dealer who might still have some.

(800) 548-0446
[email protected]

I have a few Hot Shot nipples for both the CVA's and TC's, but like with all the rest of the back-up shooting supplies they are still packed away from a recent move and won't be seen again anytime soon.

Charles/NM said:
I bought a T/C Hot Shot nipple for my Hawken at Wal Mart a couple of years ago. T/C still shows them on their web site. Don't know if your rifle has the same thread but if it does that would work.

Not the same thread size.

CVA (most) 6X75MM

TC 1/4X28 and 12X28

It's a 6mmx1 all right. But noone in my area has them. I guess I will have to order them online or take a polgrimage to Basspro in Tulsa( my wife will hate that!!)

:bow: Thanks for all of the information and help, when I come up with something I will let everyone know how it turns out.

Thanks again and keep your powder dry.

Yep, 6X1, and you might want to try some of the auction sites (found some on 3 different sites). Also found the 6X1 musket nipples. One seller, however, wants more for the shipping than what I could buy them for locally, including tax. Crazy... maybe because for some folks, you included, they aren't too easy to find locally. Not sure if it's okay or not to post the site names here, if so then someone please sound off and I will.

P.S. - Also, some of the traditional muzzleloading supply houses carry them, but again, not familiar enough with the rules to know if it's okay to mention them... oh what the heck, look up the one that's named after Abel's brother -- yep, the one what kilt him! :grin:

Latest posts

Back