• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How many is too much?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musketman

Passed On
Reaction score
What was the most muzzleloaders you have ever owned at one time?

The most I have owned at once was seven.

3 T/C's (.50 .32 .54)
2 Kentucky Long Rifles .45 cal's
1 CVA .50 cal (I was offered in leu of payment)
1 .69 cal Charlesville Musket

too many isn't in a muzzleloaders vocabulary,at present I have 4 that I built,and 10 originals . The only problem with having several guns is having safe secure vaults to keep them in,it's kind of a hassle when you want to do a little shooting and you have to get into storage.

I had 13 rifles and 4 pistols at one time but have pruned it down to rilfes in .40, .45 .50 .54 amd smoothies in .54 .62 .72
no pistols and one original civ war period military gun. I have or have had guns by TC, Lyman, Navy Arms, Euro Arms, Jackie Brown, TOW parts, Jim Chambers, Northstar West, CVA, and probably others that do not come to mind.. and there is no such thing as "to many" when it comes to frontloaders.

Current inventory is 2 rifles (.50 and .58), 2 smoothbores (both 20 gauge), 1 pistol (.50) and 2 cannon (3 lb. and 1"). My wife has 1 rifle and 1 pistol, both in .45 caliber. There isn't a percussion gun in the lot (nipples are for women and caps are for kids).

Latest posts

Back